BUILDING THE RIGHT FOUNDATION
Infrastructures can be complex, multi-layered, with many dependencies overlapping each other in a number of ways. Even with virtualization helping reduce these complexities, it's critical that you build upon a solid foundation of hardware and software components configured and designed using industry best-practices to provide you the solid and reliable results you need to run your business applications.
VeriStor provides a comprehensive Infrastructure & Storage Assessment service that provides an overall "health-check" of your environment to help you validate your existing infrastructure and ensure that its optimized for best performance as well as meeting industry best-practices around availability and redundancy. This helps ensure that you can continue to scale and grow your infrastructure in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
Our Infrastructure & Storage Assessment service is designed to cover the primary core components of your infrastructure. We deliver this assessment to you in a report that provides critical information on the overall status and "health" of your environment based on industry best-practices along with our real-world experience and expertise we've gained across the hundreds of customers we support today.
As part of this service offering, we cover the following major areas:
> VMware vSphere & vCenter
- Conduct assessment of existing VMware vSphere & vCenter infrastructure components to gather inventory, configuration and usage information
- Conduct assessment of existing ESX/ESXi version levels and patch levels, including security patch levels
- Identify potential opportunities to optimize configuration and improve performance
- Conduct assessment of existing Tier-1 storage environment supporting VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi host servers
- Conduct assessment of storage environment to determine potential disk IO latency, throughput and/or bandwidth issues
- Conduct assessment of existing FC and/or iSCSI integration with VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi host servers and primary Tier storage array platform
- Conduct an assessment of the existing VMFS datastore layout, datastore configuration, and provide best-practices for optimal VMFS datastore growth in conjunction with your existing storage platform
- Perform survey of virtual disk configuration of Microsoft Windows based virtual machines and provide best-practice configuration for both space utilization and disk IO performance
- Conduct assessment of existing physical network topology, VLAN configurations and trunking configurations specific to supporting the VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi and storage environments.
- Conduct assessment of existing ESX hosts NIC connections to the data and storage networks
- Conduct assessment of existing ESX/ESXi vSwitch, port group, vmnic, and virtual machine vnic configurations